Updated: May 11, 2021
This is one of my go-tos whether it be my weekly meal prep, a weekend breakfast on a cool Saturday morning, bunch with the family, or a little pick me up from a night with friends. Its simple to make and packed full of flavor. You might think it's decadence is Hell on the hips bound, but the macros are pretty on point if you are low carbing it!
This recipe is for one serving, however it is easily double, tripled... you get the point. =)
1 Slice of Low Carb Bread (I am using Artisan Bakers Keto Bread Multi Seed)
Everything Bagel Seasoning
2 Large Eggs
1 Tsp. of Butter
1 Slice of Cheese
1 Piece of Bacon Halved
Salt and Pepper to Taste
1. Generously spray your pan and set to medium to medium-high heat.
2. Place your two bacon halves on the pan and cook till desired doneness.
3. Once done, remove bacon from pan and use a paper towel to soak up excess bacon grease.
4. Crack both eggs in the pan and cook till desired doneness. If you prefer scrambled, scramble first before putting in pan.
5. When the eggs are about half way cooked, cut them in half and flip over to finish. If the egg falls apart, just reform and it will cook just fine. Add salt and pepper to taste. When eggs have reached desired doneness, loosen from bottom of pan.
6. Divide your cheese and place each half on an egg. Add bacon to one egg. There should be one egg with cheese, and one egg with cheese and bacon on it.
7. Turn off your pan and let the heat slowly melt the cheese.
8. While this is happening, place your toast in the toaster. Once the toast is done, spread the butter over toast and season it with the Everything Bagel Seasoning.
9. Place your toast on a plate and then place the egg and cheese portion on top, followed by the egg, cheese, and bacon portion on top of that. Just like adding layers to a lasagna.
10. Take a bite and enjoy your breakfast sandwich!